HRS Transparency Policy
HRS Transparency policy 2021 v2
- The only area of work that the firm practices in and which is subject to the SRA rules on transparency is Wills and Probate that is not contested.
- For Probate work we charge £1500 plus VAT and disbursements or 1% of the estate value plus VAT and disbursements, whichever is the higher.
- You will be given a quote in writing at the outset of the case.
- The quote is a fixed fee and is not based on hourly rate work.
- The work will be carried out by a team consisting of a Solicitor and his or her assistant and we reserve the right to apportion the work as we deem fit.
- They are Supervised by other qualified Solicitors.
- Our complaints policy is reviewed annually and is published on our website.
- We display our firm SRA number and the SRA digital badge on the website.
- The firm has indemnity insurance as prescribed by the SRA.
- In relation to our other non-contentious work we will always quote a fixed fee plus VAT and disbursements of no less than £500 other than for simple Wills that are charged at £250 plus VAT and disbursements.
- All such work includes client care contact and checking of documents after preparation, provision to the HMRC and the Registry as well as distribution of the estate.
- Disbursements are subject to change but will be quoted at the outset of the case.
- All of our other work will be charged as per the Terms of engagement document published on the website.