Successive Governments have systematically reduced the provision of Legal Aid over many years but there is still help to be had.

If you are the victim of Domestic Violence then not only can you get help with an Injunction but Legal Aid, subject to your means, will also be available for the Children Act proceedings to secure care of the children, obtaining financial orders to preserve the matrimonial home for the kids and even to pay for the Divorce itself.

If social services are involved with your family our expert Care team can help.  Legal Aid is available for most people who face the prospect of a Local Authority taking their children in to care.  We offer Legal Help for people attending Child Protection meetings and full representation for those who have received Court papers.

If you are the respondent mother or father in Care proceedings, Emergency Protection Order applications or Secure Accommodation Orders please contact Mel Cruickshanks, head of our Care team.

If children are in the care of a local authority ask us about Contact with a child in care, discharge of a care order or opposing an Adoption.  If the case is sound, then Legal Aid will be available.

In some cases, the High Court will make a child a Ward of Court under its inherent jurisdiction.  Legal Aid is still available for that area of private law children work.


Whether you are planning to get married, entering in to a civil patnership or simply moving in together, there are steps you can take to protect your rights and assets.